Your message has been sent. We will contact you shortly if your message requires a response.
If you are experiencing extreme sensitivity or are suffering from advanced periodontal disease, you may be required to have a tooth extracted. With an extraction, an oral surgeon can safely remove the affected tooth and help to restore your oral health without the need for additional surgical procedures.
Reasons for a tooth extraction
There are numerous situations in which a dental extraction can help alleviate pain or prepare you for another cosmetic or restorative procedure. Some common reasons for extraction of teeth include:
- Advanced periodontal disease that has loosened the tooth roots
- Extra teeth or baby teeth that impede eruption of adult teeth
- Preparing a patient for orthodontic treatment
- Removing a fractured or malformed tooth
- Severe tooth decay which cannot be remedied with root canal therapy or restoration
If you are sick the week prior to your scheduled extraction or on the day of, please contact our office, as alternative arrangements may need to be made. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.